Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Writing Centers All Year


Hiya Peeps, 

Do you struggle with keeping your writing centers fresh and engaging? I don't know about you but 

I would always wait and plan my writing station last because I just didn't enjoy it. 

 This year I wanted to approach my writing center differently. I wanted to make it

a go to station for my students that would both fun and engaging. 



Writing has ALWAYS been my least favorite center to plan for and I absolutely dreaded it. 

My students dreaded that center as well. I knew that I wanted to approach writing differently 

this year so I sat down and thought hard about how I wanted my station to run. 

This year I plan to have a writer's choice center. 

Getting kinders excited about writing can be a task! I plan on introducing each writing activity to the 

students slowly then give them the option to pick which activity they would like to complete

instead of just telling them. This will allow for differentiation as well as allow the students

to be more in control of what they do. 

I wanted to create a comprehensive pack that not only made setting up the center a cinch but would 

also cover writing skills throughout the whole year. 




Some things that are included with the Write Away pack is: 


Picture Dictionaries that color in both color and black and write. These are perfect because they 

 will not only assist students with spelling words but they will always help foster independent writing 

because students will not have to stop writing, come find you, and ask you how to spell

a word. I printed out the black and white version for my table groups for students to use when 

completing writing at their tables. The colored version is going into a binder that will be placed 

in the writing center. 




The dictionary also has a list of sight words, Dolch, organized alphabetically. 

Posters
-Writing Goals
-Illustration Guide
-4 Star Writing
-Punctuation
-and more




Monthly Journal Covers 

 Journal Prompts

Opportunities for students to practice writing using fun and engaging activities.

There are completed samples, to use as posters/modeling, for each kind of writing activity as well as 

 templates for students to use to make their own. 




 How To Writing


Sequencing


I Can Posters













This unit as well as every other item in my store is on sale!

post signature

1 comment:

  1. OMW!! A teacher after my own heart! I always dreaded teaching writing, but changed this past year as well and writing soon became a favorite for me AND my students! Off to check out your fabulous store sale! Hope you come and join our Kindergarten Teachers who Blog FB group! https://www.facebook.com/groups/560603550667520/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...