Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Peek At My Week: Literacy

Hiya there Peeps
Shuna here
I am so excited that I am finally getting to link up with Deedee for her Peek At My Week Linky!


Anyhoo
So most of you know that I am at a new school because I relocated to TX this summer. I am getting used to the new schedule and the new school. Here is a look at how my day pans out


My literacy plans for this upcoming week

Click the pic to get a closer look and to pick up a couple of freebies that I will be using this week!

*** Make sure to DOWNLOAD and not just open the doc so the links will work!***


Literacy Centers 


I made a whoopsie! 

I left out my listening station links 

Lidia's Coconut Tree
Caitlin's Chicka Unit

 We do not start Math Centers till next week so I will have a closer look at those later

Anyhoo here is a look at some of our stations in action


For this center I use all those left over eggs that I had from Easter. 
I put letter magnets in the eggs and put them in a basket. The students then pull an egg look at the letter hidden inside. Students then color the matching letter on their sheet. 
This is always a favorite center for my littles. 
You can get the free recording sheet in the plans above. 


For my word wall I like to have my students manipulate the words in this station. I give my students letters, write boards and wands so that they have many ways to practice the word. During whole group we use several chants and games to practice our word wall words so students also have an opportunity to do that independently as well. 




Slide2Slide3Slide7


I along with some other kinder friends put together an awesome bundle of ready to go and easy prep bundle to get you through the crazy first months of school! 

It features 24 amazing packs in one neat little bundle

It is on sale for a whopping 78% off

Click the banner to check it out



Peace Out Peeps

Hope you snagged your freebies

9 comments:

  1. I loved getting a look at your plans for the week, Shuna! That is a cute way for them to practice their word wall words!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shuna,

    Welcome to the Texas heat! Where did you relocate to in Texas?

    Pam
    pam.kerl@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am just outside of Dallas! The heat is awful! I am from MS and it gets to be 100 during the summer and in the fall but it has nothing this crazy heat down here

      I so was not ready for that

      Delete
  3. Plans are looking good. Nice links! Happy Teaching, Jayne
    Smart Kids

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was so excited to click over and see that "I'm a Texas Blogger"! Welcome to TX! =)

    Tanya
    A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your journaling idea. I teach preschoolers with Autism and I have one student who is on Kindergarten goals and needs to write sentences as the goal but it has been a struggle for him, this should make it easier. BUT your week one Journal link is linked to week 2, would love to see your week 1 as well as your week 2 and 3.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is linked correctly. The week 1 journal is included in the visual plans. Week one was the bus, week two the cat and week 3 is the ball. You can check out this blog post for all 3 links in the same place http://pocketfullofkinders.blogspot.com/2013/09/new-pack-and-journaling-in-k-freebie.html

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...