Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Pencil Sharpener and Fan-ta-bu-lous Freebies

Hiya there peeps

Shuna here

Let's get right down to business

I have a lot to share

I recently came across this video on FB

Oh my word

This is so true

Its sad to say but true nevertheless

Watch and you will see


Is Education really Educating our students?

The sad answer is no

We are teaching them how to take a test but not much else after that

Where is the creativity, the enthusiam, the love of school

It kills me to hear 2nd grade students say how much they hate school

They are just starting out and they have a long way to go



Okay stepping down off that soapbox

In 5..4..3..!

---Chirp---

I received one of those lovely little pencil sharpeners

I received the pencil sharpener in December I believe and I wanted to test it out a few months in my class before I posted my review!

I will say all the hype you have heard about is 

is well...

worth it!


This thing is stinking amazing

Ah-freakin'-mazing!

I have been teaching 4 years and I have had to replaced pencil sharpeners Every.Single.YEAR.!

Last year I had to buy 3 new ones before the year was over

I think it is safe to say that I detest pencil sharpeners!

So when this thingy arrived in the mail I had my reservations

You know when someone has hyped up something so much

it rarely lives up to the hype

That is how I felt about the pencil sharpener 

that is until I used it!

Take a look at my pencil sharpener journey

Oh, yes peeps there is a journey





So the real question is does it work


It worked wonders

The Blue Grace

That is what I named her

Sharpened that pencil like a pro

In 2 point 5 seconds that thing was done


Now for the other nameless sharpener

It worked

But 

it kept eating the darn pencils!

In the words of Sweet Brown





I couldn't resist!

Anyhoo here are some more close up shots of 

Blue Grace

in all her glory


Perfection



I will be hosting a giveaway  soon 
So you can have your very own chance to win one of these beauties but if you can't wait you can scoop up your own here


---Chirp---

Are you still with me?

It is time for 



Make sure to show a little love if you scoop up the freebies

This super cute math freebie book is from Latoya


One of my blogger friends just started drawing clipart!

Yall know I have a serious addiction to pretty clipart

Aren't these presh?!

Hop on over and show her to love

The next freebie is from Lisa

She makes the cutest things

She has some seriously cute graphic organizers 

Check them out below


Faith makes some of the cutest stuff ever

E.V.E.R


Rebecca and Mel D have some awesome place value centers



Mary has some freebie compound word task cards





Lisa has a fabulous pack as well

Check it out


Caitlin has added April Words to have fabulous word work/writing cards


Tamara has a cute Toucan freebie waiting for you





Whew, this was seriously a long post

Thanks for sticking it out with me

Okay that is all for now

Peace Out Peeps





9 comments:

  1. This post was so fun to read, I didn't notice how long it was!

    Crystal Shepherd
    lucytumnus@gmail.com
    The lamppost in 1st grade math

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank for sharing the freebies! I have one if those pencil sharpeners too!! Love it!!

    Kimberly Ann

    Live, Laugh, I love Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey cute friend! Thanks for the shout out on your blog post! xo You are the best! Hope you are having a great week!
    xo

    Rebecca
    Teaching First

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friend, you are loaded with freebies!!!! I'm going to load up on ink tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fun song (Now I will have it in my head all night) and the free goodies, also the heads up on that awesome sharpener. I need that, I always bring home my busted sharpener for my hubby to fix and when he sees it he sighs and we play a fun game of, "What is stuck inside the sharpener!?"
    (PS how do you get that pin it button so nicely at the bottom of your post? I am afraid of html, but want one on my blog!)

    happy to follow you.


    Iteachkidsabc@gmail.com
    :o) V.
    Special Teacher for Special Kids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for all the freebie links!!! I just got that pencil sharpener also.....is it bad that I couldn't figure out how to use it? hahah

    Caitlin
    Kindergarten Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha! You are hilarious! What a great post. I was singin' (er...rappin') right along with you!
    -Andrea
    simmonsa1@sfusd.edu
    cielobella@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed your review (especially when you started in on the Fresh Prince Rap!). I reviewed the sharpener several months ago. I still love it! Anyway, thanks for the entertaining post! :)

    Lori
    The Reinspired Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the review and the freebies! Thank you!!

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...