Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Pinterest

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Centers!

Hiya peepers

Shuna here

This week we have learned about the "h" brothers

The kiddos had so much fun with it

We watched this video


Did a sort
{click picture to pick it up for free}


We also did some fun centers

Nicole from Rowdy in Room 300 makes the cutest packs and I was lucky enough that she sent me her 

latest winter pack! Oh my word

Let me tell ya it was so cute and the kiddos really had fun with it

Check it out

If you been reading my blog you know that I heart centers

I love center time

This year we have not been able to do centers like I have wanted to so I am so happy that we are 

now able to get back to our centers

They provide the kinders with much needed hands on practice


My kiddos still need a bunch of practice with cvc words so this center game was perfect

The kiddos first picked a word card and sounded out the word. Then the found the picture that matched 

the word and recorded the answer on their recording sheet and colored! So simple but it really helped 

the kiddos practice those blending skills!


My kidos are just now getting to the point to where what I have been saying and showing them is just 

now starting to sink in and stick! We have been working on beginning sounds and ending sounds since 

August and the kinder hearts would get one and I would be so excited then we would move on to ending 

sounds and they would get that but when we went back to review they seem to have forgotten  either the 

beginning sounds or ending sounds

I set this center out and the kiddos really took off with it

So cute and simple and got them to really focus on each sounds in the word.

They love the letters

Don't know what it is about this class but they love them some letters

Vowel sounds sort


Counting sets

Some of my kinders still need help counting so this little center was perfect


Practice with skip counting



Before and After


LOve the recording sheets to help the kiddos show mastery!


Click here to check out Nicole's product and download the preview for a freebie

Hop over to Nicole's blog to check out her post



That is all for now peeps

Peace Out


























2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing that great video! I am teaching that concept also and my class will love that video! I can tell your class has so much fun in your classroom!
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  2. My class will love that video! Thanks for sharing!
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...