Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Pinterest

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Teaching Writing and Some Freebies

Hiya peepers

Shuna here


I am in need of a serious mental break

I am counting down the days till I get to the much needed break

I am linking up for the 12 Days of Christmas
Shout out for Tiffany at Time 4 Kindergarten for hosting
So today's topic is how do you teach writing?

I have blogged about how I use the 4 square method to help my kiddos develop their writing skills and

in past years it has been a very useful tool in helping my littles improve their writing skills! But this

year it is going much slower than I would like. My kiddos are just not doing well with it. They are able

to get 1 or 2 good sentences but they are not able to give anymore than that. They are having such a hard

time writing more than a few sentences on a given topic. So I have started sending a Write Away sheet

home with them each week. I was a little skepetical as to how it would go but it has been pretty good

and I am starting to see the results in class!


Here are the first few that I used in my class

I am planning to do a new one each week and uploading it for all of my peepers

I shared these writing cards a little while ago and I thought that I would post them again in case you missed them



I am linking up with Freebielicous



Enjoy and Peace Out Peeps

Hop on over to Maria's blog to see what goodie she has for you today


!-- inlinkz code start -->


Pin It

12 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVE this... Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this freebie! We're going to hit writing hard during 3rd quarter. It always makes me want to pull out my hair..lol! I totally hear 'ya on the break...I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE these. I can't wait to use these in my class. My kids are having such a hard time with writing. I look forward to your others :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shuna for these goodies!
    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful! I'm a new follower to your awesome blog! :o)
    Corinna
    Teaching Fabulous Firsties!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Shuna! I really love the write away pages. Did you end up creating more? I was looking for them on TPT, but didn't see any. Would love to get some more of these! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shuna,
    I also love the Write Away pages and would love to be able to purchase them. They look very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We love the Write Away pages. Do you have any more or can we get some in a pack to purchase?
    Teachin' First
    krisspradlin4@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! Have you made any more? Also, I noticed on the topic of pets, the Wednesday question looks like it should be "What do you and your pet like to do?" rather than "Where do you and you pet like to do?" I am just going to white it out and fix it for now, but would love to get an updated copy with the same font if you have the chance. Thanks so much for the cute idea and freebies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your weekly writing homework assignments. Can you tell me how to get more of them?
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...