Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Monday, August 13, 2012

Guest Blogger Kelly! Pssst she brought some goodies with her


Howdy folks!  It's Kelley Dolling from Teacher Idea Factory.  I cannot tell you how excited I am to be guest bloggin' here today!  When I heard Shuna needed a few people to jump in for her during that crazy first week back at school, I raised my hand immediately :)  There is no way I would have missed out on helpin' out the gal who helped me oh-so much when I  first got started bloggin' back in March!

On that note, I couldn't be a guest in such a special place without offering up a freebie in honor of Shuna's first day with her new crew.  It's called, Back To School Roll, Snip, and Graph . . .
CLICK HERE to download this game!


I used this roll-n-graph game concept all the time in small groups when I taught kinder and I will be bringing it back as an easy first week activity for my firsties this year!  Here's how this little ditty rolls (hahahaha .  . . rolls)!
  1. Provide each student in your center with a graph, picture cards, and a die.
  2. Students roll the die, count the dots, and cut out that same number of backpacks from their picture cards.  
  3. These are glued in the appropriate column on their graph and the number can either be written or tallied on the line below.
  4. These steps are repeated for the book, lunchbox, and bus columns. 
  5. NOTE: Thank you KMP Doodles for your help in the design department . . . you always help me look good!

Simple.  Quick.  Little Prep.  It's a Back to School activity at it's finest :)  
On a final note today, if you are in need of an easy Back to School craftivity, check out The Best Thing Write + Tear Art Craft.  It's FREE and I cannot tell you how precious they look when they are up on the walls :)  

 

Well, that's it for me today, friends!  If you like what you see, I'd love to have you pay me a little visit at Teacher Idea Factory in the near future.  


A huge thank you to Shuna for letting me hang out today.  I had a ball :)
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Love that activity! Perfect for the start of first grade. Thanks for sharing!
    --Chrissy
    Firstgradefoundme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable craftivity! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Kelley! I love your freebies. Thank you.

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun post...and super cool activity...thanks for sharing!
    By the way, we are donating a dozen copies of the award-winning Show Me How! to schools and classrooms...just leave a comment on my blog. :)
    Vivian
    http://www.positiveparentalparticipation.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...