Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Classroom Pics and a Peek at my week

Hiya there Peeps

Shuna P here

I think that I have finally found my groove

The kiddies are adjusting

My feet are content with being in real shoes again

and 


best of all: I don't have to go to bed a 7p.m anymore!

Anyhoo

I wanted to share with yall a quick peek at my week 

Here are some of my classroom pics first

Here is my writing board
The paper is for my TA to use when she does Guided Writing



My P.B.I.S. Bulletin Board

The students each have a monkey that has there student number
When the students earn S.T.A.R. bucks they clip them to their monkey


My crafting area for whole group instruction
The striped rectangles on the door are actually place mats that will be used to stick the spelling words of the week and word family words on

 Letter of the week and word family of the week

My bench that I have been promising to show for a while


Under my white board
The baskets on top of the crates hold my book for the week
puppets,reading skills and and letter cards.
In the crates are the students carpet folders, white boards and socks with dry eraser markers

No more arguing over what color marker they get

Clipchart
Get it free here


Pointers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


This week we have been reading Brown Bear Brown Bear

I love love love this story and the kiddos love it too

This year my kiddos need a lot of support with the alphabet

After we read the story the kiddies worked on matching the uppercase letters to the lowercase letters

Boy did this take a while

I have a couple of students who don't even know what the alphabet is

*Smiles*

We will get there

Sentence Cards

Our spelling words for this week were I, see, the and a

We sung our spelling word songs from here

Then we practiced reading and writing those words





Alphabets in line


Cut and Paste Alphabet Sheet

We also had a teddy bear day since we read the story Brown Bear

This little cutie is telling her bear friend the letters in the alphabet

More practice with spelling words and reading the I see sentences

The students built the I see sentences and used a pointer to read the sentence






If you are interested you can check out the unit here

You can pick up some freebies to go along with the unit here and here

This week we began learning about numbers

The students went to stations to practice some number skills

Students used number stampers and playdough in this station


We practiced writing numbers and used links to show the correct amount




At my station we worked on number formation using playdough
We practiced building the number 
For example we talked about that the number 5 is made up of a backwards C, a small stick and a line across the sky


One of the many crafts that we worked on this week

This is from the Alpha Pack from Nicole @ Rowdy in Room 300

You can check out the pack here




I came home and saw this on my door step

I don't know what it is about boxes that makes me break out in a fit of giggles and turn me back into a school girl

Lakeshore sent me a little goodie in the mail 

I will be back later to show you what we did with these little ditties 

Fine motor practice anyone?



Peace out Peeps
Pin It

11 comments:

  1. Where did you find the writers eye posters? Or did you create them yourself? I LOVE them. Would you be willing to share?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just go to Pinterest and try writers eye in the search box

      I can't remember who posted about them on their blog

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the end of the week! Looks like your kinders had a great one :)

    Kara
    Spedventures

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your classroom! Your kids look like they are having lots of fun!

    MrsMc from Buzz! Buzz! Buzz!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your room! Thanks for sharing all the pics! :)
    Cheryl
    Crayons and Curls

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun, fun room! Great pics, Shuna!

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your classroom! I am now following your blog.
    Latoya
    Flying Into First Grade

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...