Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Writing Journals

Hey Mrs. Patterson's Peeps!



As you know, Mrs. Patterson is out of town and is having guest bloggers. I get the privilege of blogging for her blog! My name is Jessica Tobin from Second Grade Nest and I am a fourth year teacher from Kentucky. 

  


Writing Journals
I am currently locked out of my school until mid-July while they wax all the floors, so I am doing some crafts and school preparation here at home while I can. Although it isn't much, I'm getting a few tasks done. One of my favorite recent tasks was getting ready for my writing journals! 




First, I start with my writing journal labels, which are part of my Owl Decor Pack on my TPT. 




Lamination is ALWAYS a must in elementary school!

Don't forget the student self-checkers to put on the inside of their journals to reference. This is a FREEBIE at my store! 



Of course, I need my journals. 

The finished product! Putting the labels on the front and gluing the self-checkers on the inside. 




How I use writing journals:
My students write in their writing journals every morning when they first come in from breakfast. They have a large window of time from when they arrive at school until I get to start teaching, so this is a time to let them explore their writing and be creative. 


As an added bonus to go along with this Writing Journal blog entry....
For the next  WEEK ONLY, I will give my August/September prompts for free! It'll only be free for 1 week, so go download it now before the prices rise!!


Thanks for reading! And thanks to Mrs. Patterson for letting me guest blog. I would love for you guys to check out my blog Second Grade Nest and give me a follow, as well as my Teachers Pay Teachers store! 




-Jessica Tobin







3 comments:

  1. Great journaling ideas!! Thanks for sharing the journal prompts! I really like how you have everything set up! :)
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your journals! It is my favorite time of the day!
    Jennifer
    kindertrips

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...