Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Guest Blogger Tanya From A+ Firsties!

*updated to add the file is now working correctly*




Hi-ya, Ms. Patterson’s peeps!  It’s me, Mrs. Dwyer, again! So nice to be back! I hope you’re having a great summer! While Ms. Patterson is out buzzing about, she let me come hang out with YOU!
photo

One of my favorite summer things to do is pin! I *LOVE* Pinterest! Do you?  If you don’t, maybe this post will encourage you to give it a try!

Well, I’m looking for some ideas to spruce up my library station in my classroom.  I moved to a new campus last year and really had to adjust to being in a different room.  It just didn’t feel quite like home yet. This picture is from my classroom library.  Don’t laugh! I know its pitiful, but sadly…we made it work all……………………….….year………………………...long!

photo 1

I’ve been happily pinning inspiration though! Mrs. Blankenburg’s classroom inspired me because I’m considering using The Daily 5 framework this year.  These bathmats would be perfect for Read to Self spots!

photo 1

I LOVE how organized this library from 3.bp.blogspot.com looks! The pops of color from the ceiling are fun too!

photo 3

The blue and green from glitzyinfirstgrade is so soothing! I can just imagine kids cuddled up with comfy stuffed buddies to read to in this classroom!

photo 4

BUT……I think this may be the winner for me! It has everything that I’ve been looking for (but didn’t know it) and is even in my two most favorite colors in the whole wide world!

photo 2

There are actually two shelves pushed next to each other. And the best part of it all?  If I use these, I won’t have to look at the books! Ha! I can keep them stored away but accessible without having to look at the many, many books that I’d be able to store inside each little cube!

So, knowing how pitiful my library was last year and how wonderfully inspiring Pinterest can be, leave a comment below with a link to a pic from your classroom library.   I’d love to see or know how you organize your classroom library.  Is it by topic, leveled, or a combination of both?

As my 4 year old nephew would say……..sharing is caring! Help, please!? Lol! As a little incentive for you to share, I’ve got a little freebie for ya.  I’m really obsessing over organizing this library, so I’ve been working on labels, labels, and MORE labels! Need some?

Click the pic to grab them!

library labels for shuna



I hope you’re enjoying your summer vacation.  Later, peeps! Thanks for letting me visit!  I’ve got a brand new look! I’d love for you to stop by and see it some time!

aplusbutton Pin It

6 comments:

  1. My library centers looks about like yours in the 1st picture including the rug in different colors. I can't seem to find a cozy space in my classroom for a library center maybe because the way the room is shaped. I will have to find some pinsperation too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pinning inspiration. Unfortunately I can't grab your buttons and there aren't any links. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by my blog this week! :-) Sounds like you're having a good summer! I'm a new follower!
    Michelle nomonkeybusinessmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, when I click on the pic it doesn't do anything. Help! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have a pic of my class library ... it's big but not super inviting. I'll have to work on that :) I like the blue/green shelves you pinned! My room was pink last year, but I'm going back to blue/green. Like you said, "It's soothing" :)
    Take care!

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...