Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Awesome Freebies Plus MEet Someone New Sunday

Hiya Peeps
Ms. Patterson Here

Before we meet out new friend this week

I would like to wish all the dads out there happy Father's Day!

I just have to share an awesome freebie that I found

Have you heard about discovery bottles?


 They are simple centers that can be set up in a flash
You can find more ideas here

I have been saying forever that I was going to make these bad boys

but___ <--------------- insert excuse here!

Anyhoo

I found this little gem to use with discovery bottle that pratices sight words

Click the pic to score this freebie for free

if you visit tell her I sent ya

here is another version of a discovery bottle that uses a pencil pouch

Click pic to get recording sheet free



---------------------------Peep-------------------------


Meet Heidi
from

What is the name of your blog?

My (Not So) Elementary Life


2. How long have you been blogging?
Since February. I began my blog as a way to journal all of my life, but soon found that I wanted to keep it only a teaching blog and then start a separate blog for personal family things.

3. Who/What inspired you the most to start blogging?
All the other bloggers. I personally started following a ton of different AMAZING blogs and thought that I should start contributing my ideas. For all I knew they could help someone else out someday.

4. What is the funniest thing a kid has told you?
My name is Mrs. Dickey to the kiddos. One day, one of my most difficult students came up to my desk and tried handing me something she was making up. She said “Here Mrs. Do-hickey. Here is my paper.” I lost it. I couldn’t stop laughing. Mrs. Do-hickey. Where this came from I have no clue. This happened just a few months ago so it wasn’t like it was at the beginning of the year. That one I will NEVER forget.


5. What state do you live in and how many years have you been a teacher? What grade?
I live in Pennsylvania and have only been a teacher since December. Subbed for a couple months and then First Grade Stole my heart ☺


6. What are you totally obsessed with?
Organization. I LOVE to organize and you might even call me OCD about it. Can I also say my hunky husband ☺

7. If you can have one thing, regardless of price or reasonability  what would it be?
More time with my father who passed away 6 Years ago when I was 16.

8. complete these sentences
I could not live without my husband. He is amazing and I honestly couldn’t function without him.

I wish parents would spend more time with their kiddos and give them the attention and love that they so desperately deserve.

When I raise my voice my kiddos know I mean business.
(I don’t raise my voice often, mostly because I can’t elevate my voice that high…still coming into my teacher voice, but also because I try other means to get their attention.)

I am secretly a(n) germaphobe…worst thing to be with littles around you every day.

10. 3 things that best describe you
Organized, Caring, Independent

11. What are your top 3 fav blogs
How can I choose just 3..that there is a trick question or something because let me tell you I can’t choose just three because I would be lying by saying they were my faves. But if I must I will choose 3 of the ones I follow (in no particular order)
She has AMAZING organizational skills people. I may have just drooled fell in love over her classroom photos when I came upon them.


12. What was your ah ha moment when you knew you wanted to be a teacher?
When I got to help out in the kindergarten classroom all morning when I was in fifth grade. I was able to help the kinders with reading and writing and at that moment I knew that I wanted to be a teacher 100%. Although I have played teacher will my dolls and sisters ever since I was in kindergarten ☺


14. Best teacher tip
Don’t be afraid to try out new teaching methods (like Whole Brain Teaching) even if those around you are not willing to try it. Take the plunge ☺

15. One thing that your followers would be surprised to know
I have been able to say my Alphabet backwards since I was 4 years old, and I can say it FAST!!! I went to my Kindergarten orientation and they gave us an alphabet book dictionary. We got to write words on the lines for each letter and after I got finished with this I was sitting in a chair at home and started going from the back of the book to the front saying the letters backwards. Ever since the end of that day I have been able to say them. Kids think it is soooo cool haha

16. Make us laugh!
What is the best joke that you know.
Oh my goodness. I am soo NOT a joke teller so I am not even going to try.

17. In a past life what would you have been?
Ummm…hmmm….I have no clue…

18. What is the first thing that comes to mind
Snakes: faint
Dogs: Adorable
Money: Hoarder
Friday: Sleeping In Saturday
Monday: Is it Friday Yet?
Pinterest: Addicted
Shoes: don’t like to wear them
Food: Mmm. A New Recipe. Must Try It
Diets: No Thank You
School: Best Place to Be
Target: Never Been There
Cooking: My First Love (after my hubby)
Yard Work: Allergies

 You can find me here
Pinterest:
Facebook:


My Freebie:


---------------Peep-----------------

Hiya again peeps

Ms. Patterson here

In honor of Father's day I thought I would share a pic of me and my dad
Me and my dad

If you would like your blog to be featured just send me a chirp(email)

Peace OUt Peeps

Pin It

14 comments:

  1. I am all kinds of flattered!!! Thank you so much for posting about my little 'ole blog - you rock!! I am working on some more discovery bottle games. I will let you know when they are finished.

    Heather
    Kickin' it in Kinder

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely welcome! I just loved your freebie and I JUST HAD to share

      Thank you

      Delete
  2. Thanks for featuring me Shuna :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are quite welcome

      Thanks for participating

      Delete
  3. Heide, we have so much in common, it's not even funny! The only thing I can't believe is that you have never been to Target! LOL!

    Ѽ Lori
    Teaching With Love and Laughter
    luvyorkies@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I figured a lot of people would think that was weird, but I have never been there. The closest one is over an hour away and the next time I go shopping I am definitely going to have to make it my priority to stop. I never knew it had as much to offer until I started blogging. :)

      Heidi
      My (Not So) Elementary Life

      Delete
  4. It was nice to meet you! Thank you for the freebie!
    Jennifer
    Kindertrips

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are your newest followers!! Check us out if you can!
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE discovery bottles. My students absolutely love them. I had to throw some of them away this year because, well, they were just getting old and kinda gross. I am going to look at some of your ideas when I get ready to make my new ones! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heidi was a great choice today for sure . . . she is a sweetie. On another note, those discovery "pouches" are rad. I've seen it done in bottles before, but the pouches seem like they would be much easier to load and unload. Pretty cool. One last thing . . . by any chance are you going to the K conference in Vegas? I would love to meet you in person.

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish! The trip to Vegas is pretty far for me

      I am going to the confernece with Kim Adsit and Jennifer White

      Delete
  7. I love using discovery bottles but I've never thought about trying the pouch version. Thanks for sharing!
    Bobbie

    The Daily Cupcake…A Kindergarten Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the family photo! Your blog is great & I am your newest follower. Visit me at kindergartendoodles.blogspot.com

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...