Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Pinterest

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

An Annoucement Plus Portable Word Wall

Hiya Peeps

Ms. Patterson here

Sorry about neglecting you! I really needed a brain break. We have been out of school for less than a week and I really wanted to do nothing for at least a week. Well we see how well that worked out for me! I just couldn't stay away


I have an announcement

I will be blogging over at Lacey's blog each Thursday in the month of June


graphics from The 3am teacher

I will be blogging about

*Setting up stations

* Organizing stations and managing them

*Math and Literacy Center Ideas

*Holding students accountable during stations

I hope you will join me each Thursday over at Wild About Teaching
( there might me something in it for you I am just saying)



wild about teaching!


In other news I have been looking for a way to improve my writing station this year

This year my students did not start writing until darn near March

MARCH PEOPLE

I am so not use to that! In previous years I have had my students writing independently by late November early December

So I decided that I was going to make some portable word walls for my class
to use in December


So..................................did....................not....................happen!

Fast forward a few months and I finally got around to making these

I am loving how they came out

I can't wait to use these with my kinder darlings next year

I thought that I would try a little tutorial to show you how I made these




First thing you will need is to gather all your materials

A file folder, some adhesive, and scissors


Next I took the letter cover page and glued it on the file folder this is only if you are wanting to leave the sheet as is

If you want to make the sheet in the shape of the clipart keep reading





Now if you want you can leave it like this
but I wanted to cut all the extra white paper so that my folder would be in the shape of the clipart

If you just glued the paper now all you have to do is glue the words in the folder


This is the wrong way to cut and will result in the folder being seperated!




Make sure when you are cutting that you do not do this

When you are cutting make sure that you do not cut all the spine off the folder or it will not stay together

Wrong Way!!!!!

Don't do this

Right Way




This is the right way
To ensure that you do not cut off the edge I wanted to show you how to cut

First cut off the extra write paper on the side

You don't have to do both sides but you MUST cut the paper off the side that will be glued next to the spine of the file folder. 

You will need to do this before you glue the paper on

You can go ahead and cut off all the white paper and then glue it to the folder if you would perfer that





Cut around the bottom of the folder and the top of the folder but
do not

do not

do not

cut the middle

You will do that in the very last step




Middle part that you should cut around


Cut the rest of the shape out working around the middle part




Now you can trim the middle part but do not cut off the straight part of the folder

This will keep it together




Straight part of folder that you want to avoid cutting




This is how your folder should look


Now for your word list


Cut all the word out and glue them inside the folder





That is all there is to it!

You can find the pack in my TpT store


Peace out peeps







Pin It

11 comments:

  1. That came out great! Looking forward to reading your centers posts!

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're back! Love the word wall idea! Do you keep these in your writing center? How many do you have out at a time? More details please!

    Jennifer @ Herding Kats In Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, they are not in my writing station until we have covered that letter

      I use jolly phonics to teach letter sounds and we learn 2 sounds a week. Once we have covered that sound then the word wall goes into the writing and or journal station. Once we have covered that sound then it stays in the writing station for the kids to refer back to

      Delete
  3. Love these ideas!! They really have my wheels turning :)
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog
    PS If you haven't already joined my giveaway I would love to have you join!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will be looking forward to your center posts-- I can never get enough good center management tips!! I will be doing a guest blog for her too :)

    ❤- Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    Ps. I'm hosting my 1st linky party and would love for you to stop by and link up if you get a chance.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea!!! I could totally do something like that in fifth grade too :) Hadn't thought of it- thanks for the inspiration.

    Every New Beginning

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ms. Patterson, hope you have a great summer. Check your inbox for an email from us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooo excited for your center posts!!

    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids
    Please come by & visit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did anyone tell you today that you are the coolest???
    Thanks for the tutorial. I can't tell you how many things I have messed up before I figured out how the creator put them together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...