Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Friday, May 25, 2012

What I Have Been Up To, Dollar Days Plus Free{bies}

Hiya Peeps

Ms. Patterson Here

Long time no post

I have been completely overwhelmed in the last couple of weeks! This is my last week of school and my kiddos graduated on Thursday. (which was yesterday but I wrote this post and never finished it two weeks ago) As you know I have been working on these darn poodle skirts for the better half of a month. I don't think I will ever do this again. IF I can remember I will try to snap a pic of them, although the turned out cute they were ENTIRELY too much work.

I have also been sick.
 I hate
hate
hate
 summer
 colds.


 My entire body aches and I have been exhausted!


I have also been working on this essay type thingy! I don't think that I mentioned this but I have been

nominated for Outstanding Educator!


 Most people will feel very excited by this but not me, I am a mess. Ya'll I am seriously having panic attacks! I am honored that I was picked but I am so not ready, at least I don't think I am. I can't for the life of me figure out what to write! I don't even know where to begin


Anyhoo moving on

I have been working away on my store and I have neglected my poor blog! I must find a way to balance it all

Here is what I have been working on


















You can check out all of these items and more at my TpT store

IF you do not already follow me over there please do so



Now enough with the shameless plugging

We worked on

Paper!

 First I passed out a bag around to each student. They had to feel the bag and fill out the sheet below!

They talked about what could be in the bag and what could not.




Look what was inside the bag!
We talked about the properties that make up each thing.
I then told the students that we are going to experiment
I held up the cloth and clothespin and asked the students what they think these items have in common

Paper!







Paper can be torn into really big pieces



and really small pieces












Whew, that was loads of fun!

Moving right along 
Have you heard about the sale going on right now over at Scholastic?
They had a ton of teacher resource books for $1
Some books have well over 100 pages with quite a few over 200
That is an awesome deal
The sell ends on May 31
Just-Right Glyphs for Young Learners
50+ Super-Fun Math Activities: Grade 4
June Monthly Idea Book
Quick-and-Easy Learning Games: Phonics
 Happy Friday
Peace OUt Peeps!

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better! Looks like you and your class have been having lots of fun!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are my hero! Where in the world do you find the time for all of this--- making poodle skirts and all of those fabulous looking units!?!? Wow! You go girl! Get some rest & feel better.

    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOAH!!!! You have been super busy on TpT. I need to get back to work on some new products. I've been slacking. I love scholastic sales. I stocked up duriing the last big sale :)

    I can't imagine giving my kids paper and saying "paper fight." HaHa. Your a brave teacher!!!

    Katie
    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow you've been productive! everything looks great! :)
    thanks for the info about the scholastics sale!

    Miss Elementary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats and I hope you feel better!!
    Happy Memorial Day :)
    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...