Ms. Patterson here
Today I have a new friend that I want you to meet
Meet Katie from Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans
I just love the title of her blog
1. What is the name of your blog?
2. How long have you been blogging?
About 2 weeks! Haha
(a little longer now)
(a little longer now)
3. Who/What inspired you the most to start blogging? The wonderful ladies on the TpT forum encouraged me to start blogging. I've always loved searching blogs, but never even thought about starting my own. After I started selling on TpT, I decided it was time!
4. What is the funniest thing a kid has told you? When my students were writing their important books about me, one little boy wrote "The most important thing about Ms. Jones is she loves to be silly. It is true that she sometimes gives the evil eye and can lose things a lot, but the most important thing about Ms. Jones is she can be silly." It's not that funny, but it made me giggle I'm sure there are tons more, but I'm having a brain block :/
5. What state do you live in and how many years have you been a teacher? What grade I live in Florida and am finishing up my first year of teaching! I teach 2nd grade, but have been told I'm looping with my students to 3rd grade.
6. What are you totally obsessed with? In terms of school things, it has to be Teachers Pay Teachers. I recently started selling products on TpT and I'm hooked! I'm having so much fun and it has definitely become an obsession. Outside of school, I'm obsessed with ice cream, coffee, and buying my son shoes (hahaha.) He is only 18 months and has about 10 pairs of shoes in his size, plus about 5 pairs that he has to grow into. Oppps!
7. If you can have one thing, regardless of price or reasonability what would it be? This is easy: a good life for my son. I want to be able to easily afford everything he might need while growing up, including his college education.
8. complete these sentences
I could not live without coffee with Coffee Mate creamer (preferably sugar free-fat free vanilla) with 1/2 pack of truvia! haha
I wish parents would try harder to be involved with their kids' education :/ I work at a high poverty school and unfortunately not many parents are involved. I had 5 out of 18 parents show up to open house and about 8 come to scheduled parent conferences.
When I stop and stare my kiddos now I mean business
I am secretly a(n) this is tough…. I'm a very open book!
10. 3 things that best describe you
Passionate. Dedicated. Creative
11. What are your top 3 fav blogs
Step Into Second Grade
Step Into Second Grade
[I actually just found this blog when I started mine. It quickly became a favorite though.]
12. What was your ah ha moment when you knew you wanted to be a teacher? I've always wanted to be a teacher. I'm the oldest in my family and I liked being the leader and telling my brothers what to do (haha.) My "ah ha" moment when I realized I made the right choice was when my lowest reader took his mid year assessments and he scored an entire grade level higher than at the beginning. I felt so accomplished and proud!
13. Do you have a store/blog design company that you would like to share? Share your pinterest too
My pinterest is http://pinterest.com/katierj/
My TeachersPayTeachers is http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Katie-Jones
14. Best teacher tip Relax!!!! Sometimes lessons don't go as planned, and that is OKAY.
15. One thing that your followers would be surprised to know Hmm… well they know the surprising stuff: single mommy, grad student, and teacher. I think it's surprising that when I was in 1st-2nd grade, I could NOT read. I struggled tremendously and had to go to numerous tutoring sessions (both at school and through private companies.) I was failing… a lot By 6th grade, I was in advanced classes and ended up graduating in the top 10% of my class (of over 650 students.) I tell my students this story a lot to help inspire my low readers to not give up.
16. Make us laugh!
What is the best joke that you know So, here's the thing. I'm awful at jokes! I've never been one to tell jokes. I might make silly humorous comments in a conversation, but I don't think I've ever told a joke. Sorry friends!
17. In a past life what would you have been? Barbie? Haha I have no clue!! I only say this because on all my preschool "when I grow up" papers it says "Barbie doll"
18. What is the first thing that comes to mind
Dogs My Chihuahua, Holly.
Money I need it.
Monday Tomorrow, eh.
Shoes Gianni Binni cute sandals I bought today
Food Strawberry ice cream
Diets coke (I'm addicted….)
Target Tanner [I live close to Target, so my son and I go there often and browse when I'm bored. This is not a good idea, FYI]
Yard Work non existent - I live in an apartment.
If you would like to be featured send me a chirp!