Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Meet Someone NEw Sunday

Hiya Peeps

Hiya Peeps

Ms. Patterson here

Today I have a new friend that I want you to meet


Meet Katie from Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

I just love the title of her blog




1. What is the name of your blog?

My Photo

2. How long have you been blogging?
  About 2 weeks! Haha

(a little longer now)


3. Who/What inspired you the most to start blogging? The wonderful ladies on the TpT forum encouraged me to start blogging. I've always loved searching blogs, but never even thought about starting my own. After I started selling on TpT, I decided it was time!



4. What is the funniest thing a kid has told you? When my students were writing their important books about me, one little boy wrote "The most important thing about Ms. Jones is she loves to be silly. It is true that she sometimes gives the evil eye and can lose things a lot, but the most important thing about Ms. Jones is she can be silly." It's not that funny, but it made me giggle  I'm sure there are tons more, but I'm having a brain block :/



5. What state do you live in and how many years have you been a teacher? What grade I live in Florida and am finishing up my first year of teaching! I teach 2nd grade, but have been told I'm looping with my students to 3rd grade.



6. What are you totally obsessed with? In terms of school things, it has to be Teachers Pay Teachers. I recently started selling products on TpT and I'm hooked! I'm having so much fun and it has definitely become an obsession. Outside of school, I'm obsessed with ice cream, coffee, and buying my son shoes (hahaha.) He is only 18 months and has about 10 pairs of shoes in his size, plus about 5 pairs that he has to grow into. Oppps!



7. If you can have one thing, regardless of price or reasonability  what would it be? This is easy: a good life for my son. I want to be able to easily afford everything he might need while growing up, including his college education.



8. complete these sentences


I could not live without coffee with Coffee Mate creamer (preferably sugar free-fat free vanilla) with 1/2 pack of truvia! haha


I wish parents would try harder to be involved with their kids' education :/ I work at a high poverty school and unfortunately not many parents are involved. I had 5 out of 18 parents show up to open house and about 8 come to scheduled parent conferences.


When I stop and stare my kiddos now I mean business


I am secretly a(n) this is tough…. I'm a very open book!



10. 3 things that best describe you
 Passionate. Dedicated. Creative



11. What are your top 3 fav blogs
Step Into Second Grade


 [I actually just found this blog when I started mine. It quickly became a favorite though.]



12. What was your ah ha moment when you knew you wanted to be a teacher? I've always wanted to be a teacher. I'm the oldest in my family and I liked being the leader and telling my brothers what to do (haha.) My "ah ha" moment when I realized I made the right choice was when my lowest reader took his mid year assessments and he scored an entire grade level higher than at the beginning. I felt so accomplished and proud!


13. Do you have a store/blog design company that you would like to share? Share your pinterest too
  My pinterest is http://pinterest.com/katierj/


14. Best teacher tip Relax!!!! Sometimes lessons don't go as planned, and that is OKAY.


15. One thing that your followers would be surprised to know Hmm… well they know the surprising stuff: single mommy, grad student, and teacher. I think it's surprising that when I was in 1st-2nd grade, I could NOT read. I struggled tremendously and had to go to numerous tutoring sessions (both at school and through private companies.) I was failing… a lot  By 6th grade, I was in advanced classes and ended up graduating in the top 10% of my class (of over 650 students.) I tell my students this story a lot to help inspire my low readers to not give up.


16. Make us laugh!
What is the best joke that you know So, here's the thing. I'm awful at jokes! I've never been one to tell jokes. I might make silly humorous comments in a conversation, but I don't think I've ever told a joke. Sorry friends!


17. In a past life what would you have been? Barbie? Haha I have no clue!! I only say this because on all my preschool "when I grow up" papers it says "Barbie doll"


18. What is the first thing that comes to mind
Snakes yuck!
Dogs My Chihuahua, Holly.
Money I need it.
Friday YAY!
Monday Tomorrow, eh.
Pinterest addiction.
Shoes Gianni Binni cute sandals I bought today 
Food Strawberry ice cream
Diets coke (I'm addicted….)
School Teaching
Target Tanner [I live close to Target, so my son and I go there often and browse when I'm bored. This is not a good idea, FYI]
Cooking spaghetti!
Yard Work non existent - I live in an apartment.


If you would like to be featured send me a chirp!

Pin It

9 comments:

  1. YAY!!!! Thanks for the feature Shauna! You're the BEST :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love reading your blog and I'd like to grow mine. I would lived to be featured :)

    Erica
    The Eagle's Nest
    littlesoaringeagles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to find Katie's blog. This is a great way to find new blogs.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to showcase new blogs. Thanks so much for posting.
    Stacy

    simpsonsuperstars

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a great idea! I am new to the blogging world and I love me some new blogs! I now follow both of your blogs! ;)
    Vanessa
    Kindergarten Schmindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for mentioning my blog Kaite!!! So sweet! Nice to know more about you :)

    Randi @ Teach It With Class
    My TPT Store
    My Facebook Page

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved reading the interview! I am participating in the "follow me" party, so I am now following your blog and TpT store!
    Patti :)
    A Series of 3rd Grade Events

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for linking up with the blog link up.
    http://wolfelicious.blogspot.com/p/tba.html


    April
    Wolfelicious

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...