Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Meet Someone NEw Sunday

on an ACTUAL Sunday! Hmm, who would have thunk  ( grammer police settle down) it!




1. What is the name of your blog?

Teacher Idea Factory



2. How long have you been blogging?
March 19th (My grandmother’s birthday)

3. Who/What inspired you the most to start blogging?

4. What is the funniest thing a kid has told you?
I gotta go poop!
(It’s dang-near a weekly post-lunch comment, but it still kills me every time).

5. What state do you live in and how many years have you been a teacher? What grade
California
5 years
1st Grade

6. What are you totally obsessed with?
Free fonts. I totally dork out when I find a cute one!

7. If you can have one thing, regardless of price or reasonability
One more day with my grandmother.


8. complete these sentences

I could not live without coffee.

I wish all parents would love their children like they deserved to be loved!

When I get those ugly wrinkles on my forehead my kiddos now I mean business.

I am secretly a Rue La La fanatic (don’t tell my husband . . . I hide the boxes before he gets home).


10. 3 things that best describe you
“Pollyanna” attitude
silly . . . some would say CRAZY
loving

11. What are your top 3 fav blogs
and I just found another great one to stalk. . . .


12. What was your ah ha moment when you knew you wanted to be a teacher?
I was helping my mother pack up her classroom during the summer she retired. I felt so at home and it was then that I knew I needed more than my marketing career could offer. So, I enrolled in the Chico State Credential Program and started classes that next fall!


13. Do you have a store/blog design company that you would like to share? Share your pinterest too

http://www.sourapplestudio.com/
(Lindsey designed my blog – she’s fantastic to work with).

14. Best teacher tip
If you didn’t “get ‘em today” . . . there’s always tomorrow.

15. One thing that your followers would be surprised to know
I did marketing/PR for 5 years in the broadcast industry before becoming a teacher. I wrote cheesy local commercials, planned events, and promoted the “divas” in the news department. It was fun.

16. Make us laugh!
What is the best joke that you know
Most of my faves are not appropriate for mixed company!
So . . . here’s a G-Rated favorite. My dad always tells me this one to make me smile (it’s completely stupid) . . .
A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks . . . why the long face?

17. In a past life what would you have been?
Drawing a blank here . . . maybe a flower. I love to soak up the sunshine.

18. What is the first thing that comes to mind


Snakes: icky
Dogs: friend
Money: yes, please
Friday: best day of the week
Monday: back at it
Pinterest: it’s noon already and I haven’t showered? Whoops!
Shoes: I need more closet space
Food: mmmmm...pizza
Diets: no thanks
School: heaven on Earth
Target: wish my town had one
Cooking: I try
Yard Work: my escape


If your would like to see your blog featured on Meet Someone New Sunday, send me a chirp(email)! You don't have to be a new blogger to be featured


You may now shimmy on over to check her out and maybe even become a follower

Tell her I sent ya!



Happy Sunday Peeps!

Peace out




Pin It

14 comments:

  1. Ms. Patterson . . . thanks for the "feature" my bloggy friend. I so appreciate the extra love :). I'll be linking up later today for sure!!

    Kelley Dolling
    Teacher Idea Factory

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is adorable. I am glad I found you via Teacher Idea Factory. This is such a neat thing that you are doing :) I am your newest follower.

    Heidi
    My (Not So) Elementary Life
    mynotsoelementarylife@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Teacher Idea Factory and that's where I heard about you and I'm so glad I did, because your blog is great! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your ideas :D Greetings from Croatia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute is this?
    Thanks for highlighting another blogger :)

    ❀Barbara❀
    Grade ONEderful
    Ruby Slippers Blog Designs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the intro to Teacher Idea Factory! She has a very cute blog!
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I'd love to be considered to be featured in the future (sorry I couldn't figure out how to send an email!). New to blogging and trying to get my footing :)
    Thanks!
    Tori
    Tori's Teacher Tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my email: treb21@comcast.net
      THANKS!

      Delete
  7. I love your blog design! And me too, me too, pick me! (with hand raised, bouncing in the air) I would love to be featured :)

    Emily
    Tangled with Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've just given you the One Lovely Blog Award!
    Come check it out!
    http://tonyastreatsforteachers.blogspot.com/2012/05/yeah-my-first-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! I am your newest follower and found your blog from Kelley's! I teach 1st grade and have just started blogging. I hope you will stop by mine!
    :) Dana
    Fun in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you through the TPT forums and always felt you were one of the most supportive faces on there-- which led me to follow your blog and store! As a blogging newbie I love these spotlights and your blog!!

    ❤ - Stephanie
    Falling Into First

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just like Stephanie I have also found you through TPT!
    I love your blog! It's so cute!!!
    I am now following!
    Stop by my blog if you get a chance!



    Miss Elementary

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...