Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, April 22, 2012

Meet New Friends Sunday

Hiya Peeps, Ms. Patterson here


Today I have a special friend that I want you to meet

Most of you can readily identify her work because she is so awesome and sweet

So sit back, kick up your feet, grab you fav snack and get to know the person behind the blog

Without further ado I would like to introduce you to




  1. How long have you been blogging?
February 2012
  1. Who inspired you the most to start blogging?
For months I “blog-stalked” other blogs and was amazed at the community of teachers I found. I wanted a way to share my ideas and creations and connect with other teachers.

  1. What is the funniest thing a kid has told you?
My first year of teaching, a student came up to me in the middle of their literacy center time {I was between reading groups} and said “Will you marry me?” The funniest thing was he was absolutely serious. I kind of laughed and then immediately stopped because I realized he was not just being funny. He then said “No really, Ms. Yates. Will you marry me?” I was laughing so hard I was in tears!!
  1. What state do you live in and how many years have you been a teacher?
Texas and this is my 2nd year of teaching kinder

  1. What are you totally obsessed with?
Children’s books!!! In the last two years I have accumulated almost 300 children’s books.
  1. If you can have one thing, regardless of price or reasonability, what would it be?
A beach condo. Anywhere with a beach that looks like this!





8. complete these sentences
I could not live without sticky notes {in the classroom} and my family {in general-in life}.
I wish parents would send a Sonic Coke Zero with their kiddos every day

When I give them my “serious eyes” my kiddos now I mean business. {I don’t have to say a word most of the time and they know exactly what I’m saying}
I am secretly a(n) clip-art hoarder.
  1. What is something that you would like to share with other bloggers?
I am planning to go back to school for a Masters in Special Education! Any advice or insight into this area is welcomed and appreciated.


  1. 3 things that best describe you
-I LOVE kids! I wish I could have their faith in people and in the world, their sense of humor and their willingness to try new things. I learn more from students than I even realized I could!

-I LOVE organization-everywhere.

-I LOVE to hang out with friends and family.

  1. What are your top 5 fav blogs
Pocket Full of Kinders ( awww isn't she the sweetest to includ me!)

  1. What was your ah ha moment when you knew you wanted to be a teacher?
My second grade teacher was absolutely incredible {one of many incredible teachers I was blessed with}. She had an old bathtub in her reading center. You read that correctly-an old bathtub.  It was filled with fun pillows and it was the coveted reading spot in the classroom. She challenged us while teaching us to love reading. She is the first teacher that sparked my love for teaching and I have wanted to be a teacher ever since then!
13. Do you have a store/blog design company that you would like to share

Teachers Pay Teachers:
Teacher’s Notebook:
14. Best teacher tip
-Laughter! I am a firm believer that a productive classroom can also be SO MUCH FUN! I love to laugh and be silly…my students would attest to that. I think it’s so important to show students that they can have fun while they are doing their work. Students should love to learn and laughter will bring that affective filter way down. Lower affective filter = less anxiety = more learning.


If you would like to be a featured teacher simply send me a chirp at pocketofkinders@gmail.com

 


1 comment:

  1. I love reading about these new friends each week! How does one get on the meet new friends Sunday list? :)
    Jen

    Jen's Kinder Kids
    jenskinderkids@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...