Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Meet New Friends Sunday

Hiya Peeps
Ms. Patterson Here

Today I have a fab-u-lous Blog that I just adore!



Today's new Friend is Mrs. Dwyer At A + Firsties


  1. How long have you been blogging?

1 whole month and LOVING IT!( a little long than that now)

  1. Who inspired you the most to start blogging?

Cara Caroll @ The First Grade Parade

  1. What is the funniest thing a kid has told you?

OMG! Why am I drawing a blank….I think the funniest thing my kids say are the things they hear me say all the time. Like, I’ve learned that I use the word…literally, A LOT. It’s hilarious to me to hear my own words come back {to bite} sometimes in the “kid version”. They’re all a hoot!

  1. What state do you live in and how many years have you been a teacher?

I live deep in the heart of Texas and have been teaching for 11 years! Time flies when you’re having fun!

  1. What are you totally obsessed with?

Right now, I’m totally obsessed with my blog! I’ve just begun and check it constantly! Do I have new followers? How many? Will they really like me? I talk about it, dream about it, set goals for it…….I love it and wished I had started one sooner! All things in HIS time….

  1. If you can have one thing, regardless of price or reasonability, what would it be?

My big girl back home…for a little while…my oldest daughter just completed military basic training/tech school and is off to her first duty station. We’ve been besties for well, her whole life, lol! I miss her….


8. complete these sentences

I could not live without my iPhone! I call it my lifeline!

I wish parents would realize that teachers are people too. I think a lot of what we do and the time that goes into it gets taken for granted. With so much of our own personal money that goes back into our classrooms, a little thank you every once in a while would go a long way. Unless they are a teacher too, I don’t think they realize how much is truly personally given and sacrificed to educate their child on a daily basis.

When I stop, am completely still, quiet, and give them “The Look” my kiddos know I mean business!

I am secretly a(n) decorator, painter, organizer. Clutter makes me crazy! I love putting things together too. I’m also very sensitive. I think people would be surprised to know that because I’m not shy.

  1. What is something that you would like to share with other bloggers?

I do what I love and love what I do. I try to bring creativity to my classroom by looking at things from the kids point of view in order to keep them interested and engaged. My classroom is a loud, crazy, musical, happenin’ place with lots of learning going on! I’d also like them to know that bloggers are the nicest people on the planet! I’ve been met with nothing but acceptance and encouragement over this last month! Oh, and reading comments make me happy!

  1. 3 things that best describe you

Silly (especially after a cup of cappuccino)
Reserved (until I get to know you)
“Artsy-Fartsy”

  1. What are your top 5 fav blogs

The First Grade Parade
The Teacher Wife
First Grade Blue Skies
Heather’s Heart
Pocket Full of Kinders

  1. What was your ah ha moment when you knew you wanted to be a teacher?
When I lined my little sister up along with all my stuffed animals, as a child, to teach them every day!

13. Do you have a store/blog design company that you would like to share
(Please include links)


A awesome graphic/blog/clipart designer

Dreamlike Magic




14. Best teacher tip

Be calm and carry on. The best is yet to come. When administrators, parents and sometimes…co-workers cloud your mind with noise….filter it out with the knowledge that when you step inside the four walls of your classroom….only YOU know what your set of 22+ kiddos really need……AND then close the door and give it to them! They’ll be all the better for it and it will always be that special secret that just you and them have shared.


Make sure you hop and show her some love and follow her

Peace out peeps

If you would like your blog feature shoot me a chirp (email)
( Click on the button on the top right)



Pin It

4 comments:

  1. What a great idea to "Share a Friend". I am headed to Mrs. Dwyer's blog next. Being a new blogger myself, I think you are wonderful for helping out us newbies. I am your newest follower. I will be sending you a chirp. Come visit if you have a chance.
    Sandra
    Classroom Companion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the chirp I got it

      I will let you know when your blog will be featured

      Delete
  2. Awww, thanks Shuna! I was in Target and my phone started going crazy with push notifications!...it was all thanks to you and your awesome followers! You're the best...thanks, again!

    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got some new peeps to check out our awesomeness!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...