Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Place Value Freebie

So Last week was my first time teachng place value..................ever!!!

I have never had to teach place value and I have been teaching for 3 yrs now. I was kinda at a lost of where to start with it but I think that I have figured it out. This is the first of a couple of place value freebies that I will be posting this week.

When I began teaching place value at the beginning of this week I noticed that my students could count on( think 10, 20, 30 or 19, 20, 21) but they could not count on using two different ways, think counting by 10s first 10, 2o, 30 then count by ones think 10, 20, 30, 31, 32. They had a hard with this so  we practiced this skill first then we began to learn about tens and ones.

here is the freebie for today
This is a recording sheet for a roll the dice center
All you need to make this center work is a die and this recording sheet and viola you have a center!

** I know this is not all that  cutesy but hey its 1 in the Am and I should be asleep!**

I hope that you can use these
Please consider following my blog and leaving and comment!
I would really like to hear from you, it truly makes my day



As Always thanks for visiting my little ole blog
ms. Patterson

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the freebie... a simple yet effective activity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...