Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Look at Reading Centers: Jan 23

This is a look at some of the centers that I had in my classroom this week. I have not been able to take pictures like I want to because I recently cracked the LCD in my phone and had to put it in the shop so these pictures where taken with the with my pre-k teachers phone! MY phone has been in the shop for almost three weeks but thats another story

ANyhoo on to the pictures and activities

MY spelling station: Kiddos read the word, write it with a pencil, write it with a marker and finally stamp the word

This is my sensory tub. kiddos practice spelling spelling words then write them on the magna doodle board
*** you can grab the recording sheet here***

This is a picture of my pocket chart station
Students first read the poem and then match the correct picture card to the sentence
Kiddos then use their recording sheet to fill in missing words or letters

*** you can grab all the materials for this station here****

Buddy REading Station
Kiddos select a decodable book that they would like to read. Kiddos can either read to each other or read by themselves using the whisper phones
***Listening Station Next to it***


Phonics Listening STation
I have some phonics skill boards that come with a cd and tape that I love! These are great because they it takes the student step by step and explains each skill. The students just follow along and answer the questions. Lakeshore makes these as well as another company that I can't remember

sentence Stations
Kiddos practice making sentences

The last station is Magnet station. Kiddos match picture magnets and use magnetic letters to spell the words
Happy Teaching

Please consider leaving me a love note! I would truly appreciate it and it will make smile

Thanks for Visting
Ms. Patterson

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...