Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Center Freebie #1: Scrambled Eggs

This is one of my centers that I have in my classroom right now. In order to make this center you will need some plastic Easter eggs, crayons, small picture cards and a recording sheet.

Every year my kinders have an Easter egg hunt and they are so excited to find out what is inside they just take the treat from inside the egg and throw the egg away. So I started having my kiddos save the eggs and I use them for many centers inside my room. I also wait time after Easter time to get the large bags of eggs for as little as .25 cent a piece.

Any hoo, on to the center:
I have the kiddos to pull an egg. They look at the picture inside the egg and sound out the words on their recording sheet to find the word that matches the picture. Students then color the egg on their recording sheet the same color as the egg that they have pulled.

The is an easy game and the kiddos stay actively engaged in their center. This is a easy center that you can use to help students with long and short vowel sounds.

You can get the recording sheet here
a blank copy is also included so that you can add your own skills!

Click Here to get this sheet




Hope that you can use this idea. Happy teaching!
Stay tuned for more freebies!


Shuna P

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for coming by my blog! I love your blog and am already a follower!

    This activity is cute! Thanks for sharing it! =)

    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...