Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Friday, October 14, 2011

Reading Logs

This year I have started a reading log program to go along with the Book It program. This is my first year during a reading log but not my first year with Book It. The first year that I did Book It many of my parents did not participate because they did not have transportation to go to the library. This year I decided that I was going to do a book loan system so parents can have something to read to their kids. During Back to School Night and Meet the Teacher Night I introduced parents to the reading program and reading logs. The parents have to sign a contract to in order to check out books.


 
To fill my book baskets I used books that I have gotten for ebay. I buy a lot of my books off ebay in huge lots for dirt cheap prices.

Here are how the books are stored

 
On each book is a note from me that tells when the book is to be returned
I created a list in Excel with all my book titles on it and printed it off. Each week I just simply write the students name beside the title that checked it out. When students bring back their book I highlight their number

 
The parents know that if they do not send back their books on the day that I request then they can no longer check out books from me

1 comment:

  1. You have a great blog!!
    I would love to see your ideas for December.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...