Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Our Plant Writing

So we just finshed out plant unit last week and I thought that I would share our writing. I sure that you have seen some of these charts floating around on pinterest! They are so cute and can easily be adapted.
At my school we use the four square method for teaching writing.  You can read more on 4 square here. One the first day we discuss our topic in depth and write our topic on our 4 square chart.
On Tuesday we talk about the first column which is can. We make a list of what plants can do and then on the four chart chart we say Plants can and the kiddos pick one of the words for the can column to complete their sentence
On Wednesday we do the next column which is have and lastly we do the are column.

Here is a look at the students chart
Have a great week!
Ms. Patterson

1 comment:

  1. Where have I been? I've not seen this before! I absolutely love it & will start this week. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...