Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Monday, August 22, 2011

Organization Monday Plus My Donor Choose Lot!

Okay so I know that many of you have made some of these

These are cute and functional! There are many ways that you can make these but I chose to use them as seating and storage. I first got the crates at Target when they were on sale. Then I took a crate to Lowe's where they cut the wood down to fit the seats for me. I paid 6 bucks for a sheet of plywood and the nice worker cut  it for free. Then I bought the fabric on clearance at wAlmart. Now all that is left to do is staple the fabric to the board and TaDa you have a crate seat! simple and easy!  I attached a ribbon loop at the end of each board so the students can lift it up easily and use if for storage.

I have 14 crates and 30 students in my class this year. I assign my students numbers, if you don't do this please consider it will make your life much much much easier! Numbers 1-15 sit on the crates the first day while numbers 16-30 sit on the floor. The next day the kiddos switch and the ones that sat on the crates the previous day sits on the floor and vice versa.

In order to ease confusion I labeled each seat with both student numbers so that they know where to sit without wasting a ton of time. Quick and easy transitions with minimum confusion


In previous years I have used table tubs but I hated how junky the kids would leave these and how much space they took up on each table. This year I thought that I would use the crates for all the students work material



Inside the crates are where students store all of their material!


 Students crayon buckets. Each students has one with their number on it. Inside the bucket is where they keep their glue, scrissors and of course crayons.
 Look inside the crayon bucket
 Students carpet bag. The bag is just simply a ziplock bag with the students number on it. Right now since it is the beginning of the year it doesn't have much in it but at the moment it holds the hand whiteboard, their personal dry erase marker and a laminated 100s chart that they use during morning meeting and math
 This is a plastic bucket that sits inside the crate. It hols the students carpet bag, folder, and math workbooks. Later it will house their journals
 Magazine boxes and folders for organizing student's nightly homework and classwork


 I saw these little goodies after I came back from our TST meeting! I just had to snap pics!
My first Donor's Choose Project. I can't wait to use these
*** Feel Free to share the love and Drop me a note!*****
 happy Teaching

ms. Patterson

4 comments:

  1. Im so sorry to hear about your bank account! No worries about the gift card, take your time and by all means do NOT add anything else to it!! I'm happy with what I won already :)

    megan

    internteachertales.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love ,love the crate seats!!! And they double as student storage!!!! I think I may just have to try these!
    keri~

    ReplyDelete
  3. They were super easy to make and the kiddos love them!

    Ms. Patterson
    Pocket Full of Kinders

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't believe tou made 15!!!! I was toying with the idea of makng them all summer and thought it was just too much work...
    I might reconsider next summer. I also number my students for management purposes. It make life much simpler! (book nooks, desks, clip chart, etc.) I love that you use the crate for storage too!
    They came out super!


    ❤ Mor ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...