Receive all updates via Facebook. Just Click the Like Button Below

Powered By | Blog Gadgets Via Blogger Widgets

Monday, July 11, 2011

Confessions of a Kinder Teacher on the Loose!

So today I finally broke down and went shopping. I had every intention of going to get some bleach, toliet bowl cleaner and body scrub but after a long day I didn't come back with any of the aforementioned items.
It all started when I walked into Target and I knew that I was in trouble when I saw the nice associate stocking the Dollar Spot! It doesn't  help that one of my friends works there and she kept bringing me these oh so cute items that they yet to stock the shelves with. Once I started looking there was no stopping me! Things just started flying into my basket then I just had to have more!


Here are some of the things that I Bought Today

Puzzles! Who Doesn't LIke Puzzles!

Wooden Puzzles that I just had to grab! My kinders love them and these are great to help them begin to think logically. These are the thick wooden ones that don't bend easily are the were a $1 a piece!


Play mat, cards for math games and dice

Book Boxes and a tent! I was ecastic when I saw these and immediately started to jump up and down! Nothing like a teacher who discovers an awesome find! I literally had to calm myself down. The book boxes each contain 4 boxes and were 2.99 plus they were really cute so I picked up 3 for my 12 center groups.

The tent is pretty big and I have been searching high and low for one that was cute and afforable! I am going to use the tent in my reading nook this year and it was an great find at $10 compared to $30 ones at Target and Walmart!


I found these gray trays that I am going to use for word building, counting,addition, subtraction, abc order and the list can go on. The two tubs I will use during guided reading


The number buckets came in a pack and were only $2.99! I don't know what I am going to use these for but they were too cute! Any ideas

The octopus sitting on top I will use to hang my anchor charts that I use during the week. I like this because it will be easier for my kinders to go get an anchor chart that they might need during their centers and place it back on the pins when they are done



More cute bins!




I am going to make some duck tape pens for beginning of the school gifts for my co-workers. The wooden boxes I am going to paint and hot glue the little animal things to the front and make my own pencil boxes or maybe I will use them to hold my task cards or something. I really have not figured that out yet! I will post will I complete these





I have been looking for something to hold all of my file folder games and these are perfect. I found these at Target and I like these much better that what I was using to hold the games. In the past I used crates to file away the games but I really did not like using them because they were too big and took up too much space. With these I can stack them up on the floor in a corner and they take up less space and the kiddos and access them quite easily!


After a long day of shopping I am glad to be home watching my fav show! Can you guess what it is? If you said NCIS then you would be correct! Tommorrow I will be going to the other two Target and I will let you know what I find.


Happy Teaching and Happy Shopping!


4 comments:

  1. LOL- back to school sales suck you in!! :) Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you back! My hubby is a 2nd grade teacher (thus I'm the Teachers Wife)!
    Crystal
    www.survivingateacherssalary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such an addiction isn't it. Looks like you got some great things.
    http://teacherblogstalker.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great ideas. I am new to professional blogging and I am completely addicted because of blogs like yours:)

    hoppykindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I Love these ideas. I can not wait until my next paycheck, so I can go to Target.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog! -Shuna

If you are not a follower what are you waiting for?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...